Electrical Power Engineering Department:
Department of Electrical Power Engineering is the first Degree Granting Department in the field of electrical engineering in the country. The first batch of Electrical Power Engineers were graduated from this department in 1985.
Department of Electrical Power Engineering is an academic-educational center for providing professional education, undertaking research and innovation in the field of electrical engineering in the country. The students are enrolled in this department through matriculation exam of Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE). The curriculum of the department is periodically revised and updated to take the changes and demands in labor market into consideration and to include the outcomes of latest developments in modern science and technology.
In addition to theoretical lessons, practical works, assignments and field trips are included in the curriculum to make the education process more effective and outcome based. The administration of the department, with the help and cooperation of the Kabul Polytechnic University administration, is determined to rehabilitate and equip the required laboratories.
Students study various professional modules during their undergraduate curricula. Graduates of Electrical Power Engineering will be able to independently perform and accomplish their professional duties in various areas such as: management and operation of generation, transmission and distribution of electric power, design of electrical power plants, transmission lines and distribution systems, and automation of product process. Moreover, they can also undertake researches in different topics related to electrical engineering.
Professor Assadullah Aminzai, MSc. also Head of the department
Professor Mohammad Qais, MSc.
Associated Professor Safiullah Mohibi, PhD.
Associated Professor Naseer Ahmad Fazili, PhD.
Associated Professor Abdullellah Rasooli, MSc
Assistant Professor Mohammad Amin Amin, MSc
Assistant Professor Shah Jahan Safi, MSc
Assistant Professor Zakir Hussain, MSc
Assistant Professor Gul Ahamad Ludin, MSc
Junior Lecturer Hashmatullah Zirak, BSc
Mission of Electrical Power Engineering Department
The mission of Electrical Power Engineering Department is to:
- Provide a safe academic environment in accordance with law and regulations of the country.
- Educate students that have the requisite technical breadth and communication skills to solve significant problems in industry and society through leadership and innovation in their field.
- Provide a high quality and effective BSc program in Electrical Power Engineering in accordance with the national and international requirements.
- Continuously update teaching methods, syllabuses and teaching material according to international standards.
- Provide high quality theoretical and experimental education, and field trips. Furthermore, provide the opportunities for participation in researches, trainings, and entrepreneurships.
Vision of Electrical Power Engineering Department
Our vision is to establish a standard and prestigious professional Bachelor of Science program in Electrical Power Engineering that educates students who can not only fulfill the requirements of the country for development but also fulfill the demands of labor market. Furthermore, to impart Knowledge in the field of Electrical Power Engineering to meet the international standards and make the Electrical Power Engineering ethically and emotionally strong enough to meet the technological challenges for the wellbeing of this country in the coming years.
Goals of Electrical Power Engineering Department
Our goal is to:
- Educate students in the field of Electrical Power Engineering with BSc degrees and with the spirit of loyalty to Islamic, national, humanitarian and professional values.
- Educate students that not only have the requisite technical and professional breadth in areas of generation, transmission and distribution of electric power, but are equipped with requisite critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Educate professional engineers that can work as effective members in a team and have the requisite communication, writing, management, and leadership skills.
- Provide the opportunity for academic members of the department to obtain MSc and PhD degrees.
- Establish graduate programs such as MSc and PhD in the field of electrical engineering as and when appropriate
- Provide short term capacity building and professional training courses (usually for employees of related ministries, institutions and companies).